Parents | Videos
VEC Announcements New online video series
As part of the VEC program for parents, called Parents PACK, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new online video series. Talking about Vaccines with Dr. Paul Offit contains a series of videos, each about two to four minutes in length, during which Dr. Offit answers individual questions related to vaccines.
While a variety of topics are planned, the initial group of videos address common questions related to different age groups.
Birth to 2 years of age
- Why do newborns get the hepatitis B vaccine?
- Is the MMR vaccine safe?
- Do babies get too many vaccines?
- Are combination vaccines safe?
4 to 6 years of age
- What vaccines might my child need before starting school?
- Why are vaccines required before my child goes to school?
- How do I know if other children in my child’s class have been immunized?
- Why does my adolescent or teen need vaccines?
- Why is the HPV vaccine given to children at 11-12 years of age?
- Can you tell me more about the outbreaks of meningitis on college campuses?
- Are vaccines safe during pregnancy?
- Which adults need a Tdap vaccine?
- Do I need to avoid being around infants after getting my shingles vaccine?
- Why doesn’t the influenza vaccine work for more than one year?
The videos are easily accessible in the Vaccine Education Center area onThe Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s YouTube page.